Assistant Project Manager
- Location Doncaster
- Location London
- Published: 12.01.2021
- published till: 12.02.2021
Assistant Project Manager
If you are looking for a challenge, have a rail / civil engineering background, and have a foundation in Project management this might just be the job for you.
We are looking for someone who has a mind for solving problems, likes to see a job through to completion, and dots the i's and the t's to join our growing Infrastructure Delivery Project Management team.
The APM will be responsible for planning, management, coordination, and financial control of individual projects from conception through to project close-out. Also, aid in assisting the Project Manager / Senior Project Manager to define and maintain standardised project management processes / standards within the Operations divisions.
This role will involve working away from home on a regular basis.
- Driving projects forward to achieve optimum delivery of outputs including appropriate planning, structuring, and sequencing tasks, dependencies, and activities
- Assisting the Project and HSQE teams in overseeing: suppliers; programme; achievements; risks / opportunities; and issues in accordance with client standards and Company processes
- Reviewing project delivery budget, procurement plans and resourcing/rostering, driving governance arrangements to support appropriate / regular accurate reporting. Champion and use of project management tools/systems (e.g. Procore, Asite)
- Maintaining relationships with key customers and stakeholders, ensuring effective and robust communication plans are agreed and in place
- Assist in defining and maintain standards / processes for project management within the business operations
- Implementing quality and efficiency improvement initiatives for projects
- Assist the business transformation programmes and delivery performance improvements across the Infrastructure Delivery Group
Skills & Behaviours
- Demonstrate a wide range of technical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of project management principles, methods, techniques, tools and emerging trends.
- Experience in management of customer expectations, stakeholders and developing strong working relationships across the business
- Leadership skills, motivating and inspiring confidence in others
- High levels of flexibility, adaptability, and broad thinking
- Experience within sub-contractor / supplier management and commercial acumen
- Commercial / contract knowledge and awareness
- Multi-task, very organised and able to work to deadlines
- Must have a Rail/Civil engineering background
- Must have main contractor or subcontractor experience
- Level 3 / 4 qualification within a Project Management or equivalent experience
- Prince 2 Foundation and ideally Prince 2 Practitioner
- Technically competent with various software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, Procore or Asite
- Excellent communications skills (report writing, verbal and ability to deliver presentations)
RSUK welcomes all applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Direct applications only - no agency applications will be considered