- Published: 12.01.2021
- published till: 12.02.2021
Skilled Operative - Infrastructure Delivery
Do you have a experience of working in the Railway Sector?
Do you hold a PTS and CSCS certificate?
If the answer is yes, we may just have the job for you.
Our Infrastructure Delivery team is expanding and we are looking for people with experience to join our team. Its a great opportunity to use your current skills, learn and progress your career. As a growing company there are always opportunities to move your way up the ladder.
As a Skilled Operative you will be responsible for health and safety of self and others and involved in Safety Critical Work. This is a manual labour-intensive role, working in all kinds of weather. You will be expected to work shifts, including nights and weekends. This role is project based and therefore will involve travel and working away from home.
- Carry out work as directed by the Team Leaders, Supervisor
- Assist the Team Leaders, Supervisors in the delivery of the allocated works
- Carry out auxiliary duties as required
- Comply with the risk, COSHH and manual handling assessments and method statements for the tasks you carry out
- When working trackside, comply with instructions given by the Safety Critical Leaders in charge on site
- Maintain good housekeeping in areas where you are working
- Seek guidance and advice on Health & Safety, Environmental and Technical issues from appropriate sources
- To work on or near the line on Network Rail’s controlled infrastructure you must comply with the relevant Network Rail & Railway Group standards as briefed to you
- Provide support as required to other divisions within Rhomberg Sersa UK Limited
Key Skills & Attributes
- Good communication skills, both in person and in writing
- Conscientious, reliable, and hard working
- Keen to develop new skills
- Attention to detail
- Laying Slab track
- Working to deadlines
- Health and Safety in our DNA
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Must have a clean full driving licence
- Rail delivery experience within a Civils / Track discipline
- Maths & English GSE or equivalent
- Basic IT skills; emails, writing site reports
- Personal Track Safety – PTS Certificate
- Track Small plant competence.
- Working knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Educated to NVQ level 2 / 3 in civil or rail engineering
- Professional qualification - PWI or ICE (Engineering Technician)
- Banksman, Slinger or Dumper Truck tickets
RSUK welcomes all applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Direct applications only - no agency applications will be considered